Here are some basic steps to check before you install the app:
- Does your phone have built-in ANT+ communication capability. You can check here: http://www.gsmarena.com/ and also check here: https://www.thisisant.com/directory/.
- Let us take an example, let us say that we want to install the app on Motorola X 2nd Gen phone. Let us go here: http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x_(2nd_gen)-6649.php. Scroll down to COMMS. It does not have the ANT+, however it does have USB Host capability;
- Now, let us check here: https://www.thisisant.com/directory/. Under brands, select Motorola. This phone is not listed. With the above two links, we have conclusively determined that the Motorola X (2nd Gen) does not have the ANT+ capability.
- Therefore, additional plugins must be installed. Those plugins are:
- ANT+ Plugin Manager Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus.managerlauncher;
- ANT+ Plugin Service: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus;
- ANT+ USB Service: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.usbservice;
- ANT+ Radio Service: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.service.socket
- You will also need an Android OTG Cable: http://www.electricbicycleworld.com/android-otg-cable/ with an ANT+ USB.
- With these four plugins installed, go ahead and install the Falco Flash 1.6: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.sample.falcoapp
If your phone has an ANT+ Service, you can skip steps 1 to 5.